Thursday, August 18, 2011


(click on photo to view store)

I recently stumbled across BexVintage, where i found what i've been looking for since i was fourteen. a long while ago my mom and i were in indianapolis visiting my sister. we decided to pass some time and visit an antique shop while my sister was working. this was actually my first experience in an antique atmosphere. there were aisles, and shelves, and glass cases that went on for what felt like miles. i was so enthralled and overly anxious about this new world i had just met. then, on the floor to my right tuckered behind a wooden table was the cutest most adorable paintings i'd ever seen. these were the actual paintings to be exact:


i just fell instantly in love, because it was such a good representation of what josh and i looked like as small children. (yes we're been together since we were 14)  they were about thirty dollars and if i had realized at the time how these paintings would change my life forever i wouldn't have passed them up so easily. my family knows of my enormous love of Lee's; Big Eyed Children, and i think they sort of understand how my love of the oddities that most people my age don't appreciate has shaped me into who i am today.

Bex Vintage provided me with an excellent deal. She was selling two paintings of the little girl for only ten dollars. So i bring to you, hanging ever-so cutely on my wall:


now i just need to find this cute little girls companion to make my wall complete
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment